Friday, May 2, 2008

Itinerary


11 more days, and Angie and I will be on our way to Israel. Until then, our family has a huge celebration weekend upcoming. Angie will be graduating from IU School of Medicine on May 10th. To say that I am excited is an understatement. This day has been dreamed of and anticipated for over a decade. Allen and I are beyond words PROUD! What joy, what promise, what life, what hope we will be celebrating in our daughter Angela. We will be celebrating with the entire family and close friends that weekend. As Angie would say, "Bouyahhh!"

On May 13 we will be flying to Tel Aviv and getting settled in our homebase, the Gai Beach Hotel. Below is our itinerary for our trip. You'll recognize some of the places. They are spoken of in the Bible or are in the news. At each site, Kay Arthur will teach and lead us into a greater understanding of scripture relevant to each site. Our bus leaders are David and BJ Lawson. David is an awesome teacher, pastor, leader that I got to know in the Genesis study. He baptized my Mom and Dad in the Jordan River when they travelled to Israel. I can't wait to spend time learning from him and his wife. He writes a lot of the 40 minute and In&Out Bible Studies. I've already got some questions for him. I bet he'll have wise answers.

Day 1 - Chorazin, Tel Dan, Caesarea Philippi, and the Golan Heights

Day 2 - Nazareth, Caesarea by the Sea, Mt. Carmel

Day 3 - Megiddo, Baptism in the Jordan River

Day 4 - Capernaum, Mount of Beatitudes, Sea of Galilee

Day 5 - Travel to Jerusalem and settle in the Inbal Jerusalem Hotel

Day 6, 7, 8 - The Old City of Jerusalem: Broad Wall, Arab Market, Herodian Quarter, tunnel at the Western Wall of the Temple Mount, Pool of Bethesda, Praetorium, David's Citadel, Mt. of Olives, Garden of Gethsemane

Day 9 - Masada, Dead Sea, and Qumran

Day 10 - Caiaphas's House, Garden Tomb

Day 11 - Yad Vashem (Holocaust Memorial)

Day 12 - Complete the Jerusalem sites

Day 13 - Free day to explore or dig deeper

Day 14 - Back to Tel Aviv for flight home

WOW! Precept Bible Studies always have you consider context. As a matter of fact one of the rules of good Bible Study is "Context Rules!" Scripture cannot be accurately interpreted if not kept in the context of the book, history, events. My context for scripture is going to go to a whole new understanding and significance. I am ready to learn and grow!

No comments: