Friday, May 2, 2008

Packing Twilight Zone


Packing is a challenge. Now that you can only take one checked bag and one carry-on all totalling 50lbs I am really having to prioritize and plan with my packing. Added to the challenge is the need for empty space to fill with treasures from Israel. I'm hoping to find a really meaningful piece of art. On one of my trips to Chattanooga, I got to spend some time at Kay Arthur's home. She had some amazing artwork from Israel. I'm hoping she'll give me the inside info on where to shop.


A tip on souvenirs: Long ago I decided souvenirs are important but need to be manageable when travelling. So, I began making my souvenir from our travels a Christmas ornament from the place visited. It works! Now when we decorate the Christmas tree each year it is a fun walk down memory lane. It's beautiful, meaningful, and unique. I'm for sure getting an ornament!

2 comments:

Leslie Petersen said...

Hi Val,
I can only hope i can be a fraction of what your Mother was to you and your family. i wish i could have known her better.
I couldn't be more excited for you and Ang. I will following your trip intently.
Give Kay a hug and a high five for me.
leslie

amberWIRE said...

I'm so excited for you and Angie! Thanks for blogging about your trip! I'll be reading!